Tuesday, October 1, 2013

WHY ARE YOU LIVING IN THE PAST?

I shall begin with a question. Why do we look back so much in our lives? I myself have been guilty of this in the past. May it have been a relationship I messed up in or maybe the first car I owned when I thought gas was the only thing an engine needed to run on; henceforth, locking up my transmission.
I understand the purpose of reflection and I try to absorb every ounce of logic and wisdom from my past mistakes. I also understand the power of negative thoughts and the brains ability to make you re-live bad events and even make you feel down about them.

We must take control over this enemy of negative self thought. Our past is a learning tool that we must reflect on to make better decisions in the future. Do not let your mistakes of yesterday ruin your future success. Self perception is very important and Jesus gives us the blueprint as to what our focus should be.
In Galatians 5:22-23, Jesus spoke about the fruits of the spirit. While we won't visit that now, I ask you to look at these verses in your study time.

 Release the negative feelings you have about yourself. Decide today that you are not the person you use to be. The future is a story and we all are writing as we speak. Do not allow the mistakes of your past to rob you of your success in the future.

Aspiring Mogul                                                                    
Black Republican Leader / Prolific writer / Motivational speaker / Recording Artist /
BILLIONAIRE RUN INC

No comments:

Post a Comment